Since we opened our storefront in March, we have had many firsts. Every day is a learning experience, a trial and error, OR a trial and success. Today was our first Small Business Saturday and it was definitely a SUCCESS. Mother Nature was working in our favor as it was another beautiful fall day. There were people walking around the Historic East Village with no coats and some even in shorts.
As a small business owner, I do my best to shop local and support other small business owners. It was so exciting to see the support of the small businesses in the Historic East Village.excitement and energy on the streets!
What are some reasons to Shop Small -
1. Helping dreams come true - help support local entrepreneurs in your community to grow their business
2. Building your neighborhood - when you support local business it will make your neighborhood stronger
3. Quality vs. quantity - big box stores focus on more product for cheaper prices. Sometimes you want the high level customer service with the quality product.
4. Keeping dollars local - when you shop local the money stays in the community and doesn't go to the big box stores corporation
5. Inspiring others - successful entrepreneurs will pass on their knowledge to others so the community can continue to grow
Support local small business every day of the year and see your community thrive!
Sarah Clark along with her husband Gary have busy hands. They love to build beautiful crafted furniture. But, they also upcycle from palettes, insulators, cabinets, doors, and old furniture. It is so much fun to make the old into beautiful new pieces. Follow us on our journey.